Tender honey brown sugar roasted carrots seasoned and baked to perfection make the perfect Easter holiday or everyday easy side dish.
- 2 pounds baby carrots, tops trimmed at about 2 inches
- 2 tablespoons Black Truffle Oil -Profine Food Stores
- Black Truffle salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss carrots with Black Truffle oil and season with Black Truffle salt and pepper to taste and arrange carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, honey, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a small sauce pan and stir over medium high heat until completely melted and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour over carrots.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.
Baby carrots are simply smaller, thinner full carrots. If you only have larger carrots, make sure you slice them in half lengthwise so that they are half the thickness and cook properly.
SUMMARY Truffles are considered a complete source of protein and are high in carbs, fiber and several micronutrients.
Visit our online store : www.trufflenz.co.nz