Truffles have gained widespread attention in the culinary world lately, becoming a favorite among chefs and food-lovers alike.
Not to be confused with the chocolate confectionery of the same name, truffles are a type of fungus that grows near the roots of certain trees.
There are many different types — such as black truffles, white truffles, summer truffles and garlic truffles — each with minute differences in flavor, appearance and price.
In addition to their strong flavor and pungent aroma, truffles are also highly nutritious and have been linked to a number of powerful health effects.
Here are 6 surprising health benefits of truffles.
1. Rich in Important Nutrients Truffles are considered a complete source of protein and are high in carbs, fiber and several micronutrients.
2. High in Antioxidants Truffles are high in several important antioxidants, which may help reduce your risk of chronic disease, decrease cancer cell growth and reduce inflammation. However, more research is needed.
3. Has Antibacterial Properties Some test-tube studies show that truffles can decrease the growth of several strains of bacteria. However, human research is lacking.
4. May Help Kill Cancer Cells Test-tube studies show that truffles may have anticancer properties and could help block the growth of certain types of cancer cells.
5. May Help Reduce Inflammation Several test-tube studies show that truffles can help reduce inflammation to promote overall health. Still, more studies in humans are needed.
6. Easy to Add to Your Diet Truffles can be used in small amounts in a variety of recipes for a bit of added flavor and aroma. They can also be mixed into butter or olive oil and drizzled over dishes.
Truffles are a type of flavorful fungus commonly used in a variety of dishes.
In addition to their distinct taste and aroma, truffles are also highly nutritious, rich in antioxidants and may possess antibacterial, anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
Still, current research is mostly limited to test-tube studies using concentrated truffle extracts, so it’s unclear how these beneficial properties may impact your health.
That being said, a small amount can go a long way, so be sure to pair them with a range of other healthy ingredients to maximize their potential benefits.
As finding fresh truffle is not handy all seasons, Best replacement for daily routine s adding a dash of Black Truffle oil on your salads or dishes . Also, some white truffle salt or black truffle salt products of Profine food stores are incredible for your everyday dishes .
SUMMARY Truffles are considered a complete source of protein and are high in carbs, fiber and several micronutrients.
Visit our online store : www.trufflenz.co.nz