- 320 g tinned good quality tuna in spring water or olive oil, drained
- 100 g mashed potato (leftover boiled or roasted potatoes can be used)
- spring onions, outer leaves removed and finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Garlic & Herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Black Truffle Oil – Profine Food Stores
- 2 sticks celery, grated
- Zest and juice of 0.5 lemon
- 2 tsp mustard, optional
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- lemon wedges, to serve
- salad leaves, to serve
- Some black Truffle Salt
1- In a bowl combine 3 tablespoons Garlic & Herbs, the grated celery, zest and juice of 1⁄2 lemon, 1 tbspn of chopped flat leaf parsley and mustard, if using, in a bowl. Check for seasoning and set aside until ready to serve.
2- Mix the tuna, spring onions, 2 tablespoons of Garlic & Herbs remaining parsley into the potato until well-combined. Season well with Black Truffle salt and pepper. Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into fish cakes about 1.5 cm thick.
3- Add 1tbsp Black Truffle oil Of Profine Food Stores in a large pan. Dust the fish cakes on both sides with flour and fry the cakes over a medium-low heat for 3-4 mins each side until deep golden and heated through.
4- Serve 2 fish cakes per person alongside some fresh salad, a spoonful of the creamy celery and a wedge of lemon.