Aglio e Olio (pasta with olive oil , Black Truffle Oil and garlic), is a classic and simple Italian pasta recipe which everyone should have in their back pocket for a quick, pantry meal. You may like to brighten up the flavor with some lemon juice and zest while also giving it some base notes of umami with a few anchovy fillets, to make it an anchovy, garlic and lemon pastawith Black Truffle oil.
Pasta with garlic and Black Truffle oil is simple and classic recipe which comes together quickly for a great weeknight meal. Add in some lemon juice and zest to give it brightness and anchovies to provide umami, and you’ll have a pasta dish you’ll want to make again and again.Prep Time5 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time15 mins
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 oz spaghettini, can substitute spaghetti or vermicelli
- Black Truffle Salt – Profine Food Stores
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle Oil – Profine Food Stores
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to package directions. Then drain and reserve about 1 cup of pasta water.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil/pasta to cook, make the sauce. Heat the Black Truffle oil and butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the anchovies, garlic, and a sprinkle of Black Truffle salt and cook, stirring frequently until the garlic is soft and the anchovies have melted into the oil, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the skillet with the pasta water, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss everything together over low heat until the sauce has become thick and clings to the pasta, about 2-3 minutes. Serve.