Best Truffle Dish to try this Christmas at Home. This aromatic Asian salad combines Truffle flavored and lemony-flavored coriander leaves with cool cucumber, refreshing mint, and beef.
- 2 tbsp Black truffle oil – Profine Food Stores
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger (about 680g) Beef slices
- 1 x 200g pkt grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ccucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2 long fresh red chillies, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, large leaves torn
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil, leaves picked, large leaves torn
- 55g (1/3 cup) toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, centre veins removed, finely shredded
Steps to Follow
- Step 1
Whisk together Black Truffle Oil, lime juice, garlic, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and palm sugar in a jug. Place the steak in a glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle with half the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Step 2Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high. Cook steak on grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, chilli, mint, coriander, basil, peanuts and lime leaves in a large bowl. Thinly slice steak across the grain and add to the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and gently toss to combine. Divide salad among bowls and serve immediately. Best Truffle Dish to try this Christmas at Home
Best Truffle Dish to try this Christmas at Home